Welcome to Justine Tabak.
We are a growing, online slow fashion brand striving to put the heart back into the industry. Based in Hackney, we value conscious choices and kindness across every aspect of the business, putting people and relationships at the core.
Made for the ‘modern British bohemian’, we combine practical and pretty with a dash of vintage inspiration to create our signature style. We design timeless pieces, prioritising quality over quantity.
We make clothes for real women and our customers are our influencers. We celebrate everyone at every stage of our process, working with local manufacturers, fabric suppliers, and our friendly warehouse team.
Approaching our fifth birthday this August, we’re looking to expand our small team with two new roles. Firstly, we're looking for a Customer Liaison/Communications/Marketing Assistant. If this isn't your cup of tea please keep your eyes peeled for upcoming positions over the next few weeks ...
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to get involved in the development of a clothing brand whilst focusing on your own areas of responsibility. Curiosity, creativity and a can-do attitude are essential!
Customer Liaison/Communications/Marketing Assistant
This role will focus on communications and the marketing of the Justine Tabak brand, from a direct customer level to the wider scope of all marketing avenues. This is both a creative and an administrative support role, working with the entire team. The Studio Designer will be your direct line manager to report to, but you’ll work very closely with Justine (the Founder) to support her day-to-day. Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Customer liaison - Take ownership of customer support emails and manage all customer enquiries from all social media channels.
- Social media - Assist with instagram and Facebook, helping with post creation (through grid posts, stories, reels and videos), generating imagery, drafting copy and maximising customer engagement.Develop a workable planning system, and continuously update to ensure all social media channels eg. Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest etc are relevant and promote the brand effectively.
- Marketing - Assist with creating a weekly newsletter, helping to generate new content and copy. Resize and organise photo imagery for the wider team, (competent skills on Photoshop is a must here). Organise a media planner for the season, highlighting storytelling to promote attributes and themes whilst also reacting to sales. Track the performance of marketing campaigns and research competitors.
- PR liaison - cultivate relationships with the press, with regular press pings, look books and follow ups. Manage the press samples, organising and logging in samples. Liaison with social influencers.
- General creative assistance - Assist on photo shoots. Organise and manage occasional sample sales. Provide support for Justine as a personal assistant, helping to cover her inbox, manage her diary and complete general tasks. General office support, taking ownership of keeping the studio environment clean, tidy and organised at all times.
- Provide admin support - with a particular focus on e-commerce admin such as updating the website, and helping to keep digital files in order.
Who we’re looking for
We’re a tight-knit bunch so we’re keen to find the perfect fit in our small business team. You’ll be excited by the brand and want to get stuck in quickly and enthusiastically. You want to learn and work in an environment where your voice is heard, where we support each other. You’re organised, and have a genuine symbiosis with our values.
Writing skills are key, as you’ll have to be able to communicate on all levels using a polite tone of voice.
You’ll be adept at using Microsoft Office and at least a good knowledge of Adobe programmes (Photoshop essential), you’ll be well-versed in social media platforms and related applications. Experience using Mailchimp, Shopify and Dropbox is a bonus, but not required. You feel at ease learning to use new programmes, and are very comfortable taking photos on your phone.
You’ll have a relevant degree and at least a year of work experience, otherwise, we’re interested in hearing from applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Most importantly you have a can-do attitude!
What we offer
You’ll be working within a community of like-minded people, collaborating on a daily basis with a wider team of industry professionals and specialists. Being a big part of a small team, you’ll have tremendous opportunities for growth, learning on a wide scale across a variety of different areas of the industry. We work from a modern studio in a shared workspace, based in contemporary London Fields, and offering a one year full time contract.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you’d be the perfect fit for this role.
Dates: Application closes End May
This role will focus on a mix of production and ecommerce admin coupled with general bookkeeping and logistical support of the Justine Tabak brand. This is a predominantly administrative support role, providing avenues of growth in production, quality control, data analysis and finance within a fashion company. You’ll report to the Studio Designer as your direct line manager, but will work with the entire in-house and wider team. Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Production admin - Assisting in production support to ensure all materials required are delivered to our factories, including trims, labels, relevant samples and barcoded swing tags. Assisting in quality control, measuring garments when needed. Provide support on costing, range planning and buying documents (excel knowledge is key here).
- Stock co-ordinator - Liaise with the warehouse, booking in stock and ordering of packaging materials. Manage the returns process, from notification through to payment refund.
- Data analysis - Generating data on returns, analysing and feeding back periodically to the team.
- Logistics - Co-ordinating all in-house posting and actioning deliveries to ensure the smooth running of the company between all team members, external freelancers and suppliers. Working on any sample sales with the Communications/Marketing Assistant, and organising, packing and posting any special customer requests.
- E-commerce assistant - Helping to upload products onto the website and implement changes. Using a variety of Shopify apps such as Pre-Order and Privy.
- Bookkeeping - Ensuring all invoices are paid and filed correctly using Auto Entry, A2X and Xero. Keeping deadlines and working with the accountants to make sure VAT returns are filed in a timely manner.
- General admin assistance - Constantly tidy and streamline all physical and online information, from spreadsheets to invoices. Generate purchase orders and invoices when needed. Take ownership of ensuring the Dropbox server is tidy and workable, and all have access to it. Provide light technical support where necessary.
Who we’re looking for
We’re a tight-knit bunch so we’re very keen to find the perfect fit in our small business team. You’ll be excited by the brand and want to get stuck in quickly and enthusiastically. You want to learn and work in an environment where your voice is heard, where we support each other and all grow together.
You’re organised, have a keen sense of attention to detail, and feel genuinely symbiotic with our values. Whilst it’s not necessary for you to have come from a fashion-related background, you have relevant experience, are passionate about clothing and want to bring your skill set to our creative business.
Accuracy and being logically minded are key, you’ll need to be thorough and methodical across a wide range of admin tasks.
You’ll be adept at using Microsoft Office, in particular Excel. Experience using Shopify, Dropbox, Auto Entry, A2X and Xero are all a plus. You feel at ease learning to use new programmes, and are technically minded.
Most importantly you’ll have a can-do attitude!
What we offer
You’ll be working within a community of like-minded people, collaborating on a daily basis with a wider team of industry professionals and specialists. Being a big part of a small team, you’ll have tremendous opportunities for growth, learning on a wide scale across a variety of different areas of the industry. We work from a modern studio in a shared workspace, based in contemporary London Fields, and offer a full-time permanent contract.
To apply please contact email@example.com with your cv and a cover letter explaining why you’d be the perfect fit for this role.
Dates: Application closes Mid June